Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Holy Cow Y'all WE WON!

So in the craziness following my last post I forgot completely about this blog! I will try to do better going forward and I will also be posting about events from the last 6 months to catch y'all up on Mi Vida Loca!

First up: CONDOMONIUM!

I promised a post letting y'all know how it went and that never happened and I'm so sorry but I'm back and I will start by fulfilling that promise...as you can surmise by the title...WE WON!!!

Condomonium was supposed to be just for fun this year. It was supposed to be about the experience and learning new things and that was it. Full stop. The craziest thing happened though once the people saw Bella in our creation and the voting began...my bucket began to fill up...and then to overflow and then to be emptied into a bag to be held until counting and then to overflow again and somewhere along the line we looked at each other in shock and realized we were actual contenders!


So Bella smiled that million dollar smile and worked the crowd and I answered questions and worked the crowd



 and then this happened:


Yep! Two Awards, including Best Use of Condoms, our first time out. Nothing like setting the bar high for ourselves for next year! We came in 1st runner up for People's Choice in what was apparently an insanely close vote...but given that THIS incredible creation was what won, we were totally okay with that.


We also raised or $45,000 dollars for CHOICES in a single night! So cool!


No comments:

Post a Comment